Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHA I am sure it is a little chilly!

Comment

Just a little! Might be multi tasking this weekend. But Really want those mounts in!

Comment

Nice! If your like me it was a glorious moment when I was able to bolt my running gear in and stand back and look at it and be proud that I built it.

Comment

Yeah I cant wait for that! Or being abe to set it on the ground. Still gotta make a decision on my upper coilover mounts

Comment

Finally back at it. The pinion angles are within .2*, and the driveshaft angle is ~4-5* its looking like. Somewhat guessing due to the fact my tail shaft on the trans will be a little longer than it currently is, making the angle slightly more. From what I have been reading, I want no more that 3*.. The engine needs to move down to make it happen, which it cant.. Unless it moves back more.. Thinking possibly grinding down the solid bushing on top of the diff to raise the front up a little bit, and angle the engine/trans down a little. So close yet so far!

Comment

Right on! I don't think many people know how much math goes into a car. lol

Comment

Right? If only I was good at math... Haha!

Comment

If you only saw the math I have scribbled down around my shop for the Blazer lol

Comment

Haha. I know how that is! And "sticky notes" on my phone..

Comment

Well working on this thing again. Got the engine dead center and level. Currently grinding down my SLP solid diff bushings to change the angle for a few degrees. Pretty close to being ready to put the engine mounts on. Im not sure of I should weld them directly to the 1/8" frame or weld a plate on the frame to weld the mounts to so the load is spread out a little more..

Comment

Not sure but would think 1/8 wall would be plenty strong enough. Seems like a plate would add a never worry about it again though. :shrugs shoulders:

Comment

Kinda my though too. Ive never done it.. The mounts are made from 3/16 or 1/4", something like that. Literally spent 6 hours grinding my aluminum diff bushings down. Im at 2.5* on the driveshaft now! I think I'm going to go a hair more and get it to 2*. Im glad I had 10mm or so to work with. Down to about 5.

Comment

I really hate grinding aluminum for some reason so feel you there.

Comment

Working...
                            X