1989 S10 Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 S10 Blazer

So here is my Blazer. I bought it with the plans to throw a LT4 and six speed in it but keep it reliable and as a daily driver. Since then many years later and a few engines later I was convinced she was cursed so she sat in the driveway where the towtruck left her for about a year. I bought a TBSS during this year as my daily and couldn't be happier, but looking at my Blazer sitting there sad dirty and lonely I tried to sell her. I had someone very interested and at a very good price but realized I love my Blazer a little to much to let her go, so decided to just go all out. I want to learn major fabrication and plan someday to do it for a living and the Blazer seemed like a good start.

The day I bought her

The last time I built it and swapped to a LT4 with a six speed.

After blowing up a couple S10 rear ends decided to put a Ford 8.8 rear end in.

And the day before the last engine decided to give for no reason.
    I had just put my big front brakes on also.

After I decided not to sell the Blazer got it right in the shop and started on it.
    Cut and trimmed the floor for a four inch body drop to bring the center of gravity down.

Took the hump out of the frame for more head clearance. Gained 2 1/2 inches from doing this.

Then started on my cage

But then had a major plan change and had some Z06 parts fall in my lap.

Comment

That is when the Blazer turned into a huge project!
      I cut the rest of the S10 frame out and decided to build my own frame.

Love how low the engine sits.

And decided since I am building a frame I should start learning how to bend tube also, so bought a Rogue Fab tube bender.

And if I am going to start bending tube decided to buy a program to help me design cages and more.

Here is a little body work teaser.
      Six inches wider to keep the stock Z06 width

And an artist rendering of what it is going to look like.

Comment

Got out in the shop this weekend! My main hoop and front down bars are done finally.It took a lot of learning to get the front down bars how I wanted them but they are all tacked in.

Had to put a 25 degree twist in the down bar to fit the windshield pillar and roof how I wanted it.

Comment

hows this thing comming?

Comment

It's going slowly. Between the house and work I don't have much extra time to work on it.

Comment

Ah. I know exactly how that is! Only gives you more time to think about more ideas

Comment

Since all the shut downs and in between jobs I have had plenty of time to work on the house, yard, and Blazer. Almost done with the cage finally! It was a lot of learning but think it is turning out great and can't wait to get started on the bodywork!

Comment

She is sitting on her own tires again finally! I was able to get my suspension bolted in yesterday and it is all within 1 mil so should take an alignment no problem. Tomorrow hoping to get the quarter panels cut out so I can get my desired ride height and start on my wide body again and was going to start today but the shop needed a good cleaning so got side tracked. I still have some cage and frame supports to finish but need a break from chassis fab and really excited to start on the bodywork.

Comment

Wow! Thats some good progress! it looks good!

Comment

Thank you, nice to have a visual finally.

Comment

Yeah! Is that the ride height its going to have?

Comment

No my goal is to have my roof about 54 inches and in the picture sitting at 56 inches. That will give me about 4 inches of ground clearance.

Comment

Got a lot done yesterday and today. Fabing up the brake vents ended up being a lot more time consuming than I thought they would but they are almost done. The rear quarters are ending up being a lot more work than I originally planned because basically rebuilding the whole rear of the Blazer but it will all function as planned hopefully. Here is where I left off today. Ran out of steam...

Comment

Here is where I left off today. My welder decided to burn up a drive motor this morning so need to order one asap. I was wondering why it was welding a little odd last night and this morning when it stopped welding and smoke started pouring out of it. I ran down to grab my other welder at work but found out I am starting Wednesday so decided to take the rest of today off and work on my house tomorrow instead. So excited to go back to work!

Comment

Working...
                              X