1989 S10 Blazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1989 S10 Blazer

So here is my Blazer. I bought it with the plans to throw a LT4 and six speed in it but keep it reliable and as a daily driver. Since then many years later and a few engines later I was convinced she was cursed so she sat in the driveway where the towtruck left her for about a year. I bought a TBSS during this year as my daily and couldn't be happier, but looking at my Blazer sitting there sad dirty and lonely I tried to sell her. I had someone very interested and at a very good price but realized I love my Blazer a little to much to let her go, so decided to just go all out. I want to learn major fabrication and plan someday to do it for a living and the Blazer seemed like a good start.

The day I bought her

The last time I built it and swapped to a LT4 with a six speed.

After blowing up a couple S10 rear ends decided to put a Ford 8.8 rear end in.

And the day before the last engine decided to give for no reason.
    I had just put my big front brakes on also.

After I decided not to sell the Blazer got it right in the shop and started on it.
    Cut and trimmed the floor for a four inch body drop to bring the center of gravity down.

Took the hump out of the frame for more head clearance. Gained 2 1/2 inches from doing this.

Then started on my cage

But then had a major plan change and had some Z06 parts fall in my lap.

Comment

That is when the Blazer turned into a huge project!
      I cut the rest of the S10 frame out and decided to build my own frame.

Love how low the engine sits.

And decided since I am building a frame I should start learning how to bend tube also, so bought a Rogue Fab tube bender.

And if I am going to start bending tube decided to buy a program to help me design cages and more.

Here is a little body work teaser.
      Six inches wider to keep the stock Z06 width

And an artist rendering of what it is going to look like.

Comment

Working...
      X