Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks awesome! Nice progress

Comment

Thank you. It more than likely will be going to work for me to have something to do during the slow times. If it does then hopefully I should be able to get the body done a lot quicker with my good tools at work.

Comment

So quick update. I started my new job last week and it is really slow so they told me to bring in my Blazer to have something to do in between jobs coming in. I have been working on it a little here and there but not much worth pictures but did realize something today. I now have all my good tools and a spot welder I can use if needed!

Got some odd looks towing it to work lol

And the Blazer's new home for a while.

Comment

Been getting a lot of little stuff done on the Blazer the last couple of weeks. I am learning as I go and it seems to be taking a lot longer than I would like making parts but it is fun.

I started on the rear sheet metal and have the rear quarter panels almost done but need to get the inner metal done before I finish them up.

Needed a break from sheet metal so started back on the cage and chassis. I have a few more bars to add in and finish the front frame horns but the chassis and cage are almost done.

Comment

Just realized I have not updated my thread. Work is starting to pick up again so only been able to work on the Blazer here and there but that's a good thing!

Low and wide! Not anytime soon but trying to figure out something for the back besides the usual rollpan.

Cage is almost done and starting on the floor supports. I do have a few more bars to add to the cage still but getting close to done!

Comment

Looks good! Have you thought about doing a diffuser on the back?

Comment

I am thinking about doing some kind of diffuser but haven't really looked into it much yet.

Comment

It would be cool. Match the time attack style you have going. Ive read the only "right" way to do it is by getting the car scanned and do CFD testing. And a front splitter. Few places in the area can scan. But.. I think lots of guys have been successful with trial and error. Ive looked into it a ton in general, but have yet to do anything downforce related first hand.

Comment

I have been worried about aerodynamics with the Blazer. I always refer it as trying to send a brick upstream lol

Comment

Hahaha! But hey the first stick shift GM car to hit the 7s had absolutely terrible aerodynamics. If you wanted to get your car scanned, you could use a free program called OpenFoam, its a lunux only program. I have it, but thats as far as I went. Not sure how to translate what it shows to downforce. But it would show how the air moves and do changes in cad and see how it improves type of a deal. Or send the file off, and pay a TON of money to have it gone through. I was quoted about a grand to have my car scanned in wilsonville, that was about a year ago tho.

Comment

Sounds like a cool program. I will have to look into it later down the road thank you.

Comment

Sorry it has been so long for an update. Work has picked up some and now that I am done remodeling my bedroom I can start working on the Blazer more hopefully.

Front hoop done. Goal is to be able to drop all the running gear out of the bottom for easier maintenance.

Back is almost done. Excited on how it is turning out.

Taking a break from chassis and starting on the rear sheetmetal. I did get the gussets welded in and the rear end completely bolted in a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, life has been a little rough again....
                            I have done a few little things to my Blazer the last month but nothing worth pictures. I have been trying to keep on it a little here and there but it has been tough. I learned today I am being layed off at the end of the week and that's a good thing because I haven't made a paycheck in almost three months. So here she is on the trailer again on her way home and boy did I get some funny looks on the way home. lol My shop is full of work stuff and no room to work but hoping to get it sorted out and start working on it again by next week in between looking for a job.

Comment

The progress looks great tho! Sucks you got laid off.. Is the whole industry slow right now?

Comment

The industry is slow but Gerber has some pretty bad internal issues that I am not sure they will recover from.

Comment

Working...
                                X