1986 Subaru GL - Turned Gambler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Subaru GL - Turned Gambler

Figured id start a thread on this, it might be thread worthy now. This is my 86 Subaru GL wagon, traded an 86 Fiero for it back in 2007 or 2008. My intentions were to do rallycross with it but the Beretta always took priority and always needed something.. It turned into a toy, and winter car. It saw the mountain the day after I got it home.. It was a gambler car before it was a thing. Drove it like I was walking home! and I did multiple times haha.

I THINK this was the night I got it. It was mint. Not a ding on it!

one of the first trips

Comment

Comment

Comment

Every rally car needs lights! I drilled some holes in the hood, bolted down some high quality harbor freight lights. They still work.. and somehow have not broken, even survived hitting the roof when I forgot to close my hood.. ha. Lost my rear bumper at some point too.. kept getting caught on ditches doing hill climbs. Note the damage on the drivers door, A deer ran into me..

Learned a lot with this car. Just because you have a spare tire and a lug wrench doesnt mean you have a jack.. and you can blow 2 junkyard tires in 5 minutes of each other.. They get pretty twisted up after 5 miles..

It will take awhile to track down all the pictures and get this up to date. Its quite a bit different now.. somehow its still alive.

Comment

Nice! I have been thinking about getting an older Subaru or 4x4 s-10 to be a winter beater.

Comment

The subaru somehow keeps going! One thing I hate is the fwd/4wd.. It would be awesome if it was rwd/4wd. But the High/low is pretty cool

Comment

I learned to drive in a 1978 Subaru wagon with High/Low and loved it. Not many places that car wouldn't go

Comment

nice! yeah they really do good for what they are, biggest limit is tire size and power I think but they can fit between trees pretty good!

Comment

Just because you can go through the "lake" doesnt mean your distributor will like it.. Almost made it, probably hit it a bit too fast! Jeep pulled us out and coasted down the mountain.. I had no clue what was wrong at the time lol.

Last edited by BerettaLS; 01-01-20, 06:58 PM.

Comment

This car was in the mountains almost daily after I got it

Comment

Comment

No idea where all the damage came from.. lol

Comment

Comment

Ended up having to build front and rear bumpers for it. front was from old warehouse racking from an old job, rear was just some scrap I had laying around. Rear bumper fell off not too long after I got it from going up hills. kept hitting the ground. literally all hacked together
                              Last edited by BerettaLS; 01-01-20, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X