No announcement yet.

1986 Subaru GL - Turned Gambler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like the luck I had in the s10. Went through three engines in a couple years.

Comment

Im toying with the idea of putting s10 4wd suspension under it.. Down and dirty hack job type thing. Its looking like the 4.3L manual 4wd trans will bolt to an LS.. Its a terrible idea.. But.... Is it really..

I have about 6 months to figure it all out one way or another. Cant miss the gambler.

Comment

There is great aftermarket support for the s10 platform! Depending on the transmission behind the 4.3 if it is the weaker one from a donor s10 you can always run the nv3500 manual also from the trucks and they are way stronger.

Comment

Yeah! It seems like it would solve a lot of issues, and probably cause more lol. If I stumbled on the right cheapo donor I may do it.. I forsee a rebuilt ea82 on 7psi having the same issues, maybe bigger exhaust and a cams with more overlap would bleed a pound of boost or 2.. I want 7psi tho..

i thought all the s10 with the 4.3. Manual had the nv3500?

Comment

No some had a weaker 5 speed. Good thing is there are plenty of 4x4 s10's for sale cheap here and fairly rust free. Or you could go all out and swap the 4x4 transfer case and put in the awd bravada transfer case which is the same one used in the typhoons also.

Comment

Oh. I didnt know that.. I thought they were all the same! Ill have to look into it..

I didnt know they used the same transfer case as the typhoon.. Makes sene tho with gm. Id rather have the rwd/4wd tho, slide around until ya get stuck and use 4wd to get out. I really hate the fwd/4wd the subaru has

Comment

So... the car is now cammed and ej22 powered.. hardly runs.. wide open or nothing. I think my computer does not match the maf sensor.. only think I can come up with since its all from different cars.. long story.. I have microsquirt for it and going with a map setup. Figured I'd solve it once and for all! Also has some really really long equil length headers I built for it with 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust.. it sounds like a honda... it is faster than the old setup with the ea82 and supercharger. It needs a cage.. it did finish the gambler 2021 tho! I'll have to dig those pictures up. But for now.. the newest idea.. because I'm full of stupid ass ideas I don't have time to do..

I bring you.. the M90 ej22! In reality I won't even start on it this year lol. I just had to pull the trigger on.. with my crank pulley and the factory m90 pulley I will be at about 7psi on paper. Which.. on paper.. thats a hair over 200hp.. and at a really low supercharger rpm which should keep heat way down. I think..

its literally just sitting on the intake Manifold. It might be an inch or so lower. I hope..

Comment

Nice! Fun to watch your projects

Comment

Working...
                  X