Header build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header build

Started making flanges about 2 years ago, with the intent of doing a turbo build on the geo. Still have yet to do it... So I decided to do an NA header.. Burns stainless did the calculations for me so I could get the correct size and length. Its tuned for 3-4500rpm. The goal is to move all the power to that range because thats just where I drive the car, it needs all the help it can get for hills haha. Crower is grinding me a cam to help with that too. First time ive built a header took about a day and a half.

1.25" mandrel bent, trying to plan it out. Used tape to hold it together.

the final product!

Conclusion.. I need to work on my tig welding a little lol. Ended up filling a few gaps on the collector I made.. Screwed up on my cuts and ran out of material so I said screw it. Only one company makes collectors this size.. And its slip on.. In stainless.. And $250.. So I made my own. There are a few things I want to change on it but ill call it a success. Calling this a prototype and planning to build more. Good practice for when I do the headers on the Beretta. Power gains? Well I dont have an o2 sensor bung in it yet... So its probably running rich. And the header is bigger than the rest of my exhaust.. So I cant quite say yet. Just sprayed this one with VHT, next one will be ceramic coated I think, might even wrap it.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Thanks! Might end up doing a revision in the next few weeks. I cant believe how easy headers are to build. I guess its a pretty basic one.. And really nothing in the way.

Comment

I had a blast making the headers for the formula vee years ago.

Comment

Nice!! I didnt know you built those. Do you have any pictures of them? I cant remember them off hand.

Comment

I did have pictures of them but they are on Photobucket and can't get them without paying.

Comment

Oh man. That sucks!

Comment

I got as many pictures as I could from Photo Bucket before they locked it down but couldn't get them all.

Comment

Working...
                  X